I found a chair with an armrest after all. My typing skill gone up 2 level after the existence of armrest. I am typing this in the morning of valentine’s day, with some soy milk and bread as breakfast on the dining table and the sounds of construction going on in my back. Just like usual.
I’m getting more comfortable with this place day by day. Now I’m used to mom’s endless detective series watching and started to feel indifference about it. During Summer break last year, these series haunted me to the point where its existence made me feel more homey than mom’s. I hope things are not that bad this year.
I dreamt of you again. The quality of my dream was about an LCD television. It’s somewhat blurred and mild in color. But the feeling it gave me, was so real i felt like its my memory. We were with a group of people, which i cannot remember at all when i woke up, you are the only person i could remember. And we were dining at a place called The Mac Journey, a brand new lifestyle coffee shop run by McDonald’s in an old department store with very low ceiling and vintage brown walls. The whole thing was vintage only because it is really old, not like they intentionally built it that way. The department store was more like a ruin of a shooting star that reached no where.
I was searching for table-for-six. I do not know why i needed to. All of the big tables were filled with a person guarding that table for their friends. Then, when i was trying to plan what to do next when we don’t have table in my head, my imaginary friend tapped me on the shoulder and said ‘We already got one, there’. And he pointed to a big crappy table near the entrance that people often overlooked. There was a man in a blue knitted jacket and a knitted cap sitting there playing with his phone. And as i approaches the table to take a closer look, i knew it was you.
You don’t own that blue knitted jacket, i know all of your clothes judging from how few you owned. You have a similar one but in beige and you always wear it with a vertical striped blue scarf which… you are wearing now too.
By the time i finished analysing your top, you were already staring at me. Your tiny little eyes curved into a half moon shape while you give me those warming smile of yours. I just smile. That happens everytime you give me a warm loving smile that makes my heart floats like it’s diving in the clouds. We might be standing in a crappy cafe trying to fight for table so we can eat crappy franchise food, but that smile of yours, always lighten my heart.
We have a small chat and you hold my hand when we pick food from the menu over the cashier's head. As usual. As if nothing had changed. As if we are not 1179 km apart. As if you were the first thing i see when i opened my eyes this morning.
As if…
No comments:
Post a Comment